Monday, March 17, 2008

Bob & Co Weekend Festivities

My Birthday Weekend kicked some serious ass! It did. I've never been more touched by the support, and love of my friends and family, and I couldn't have thought of a better way to ring in being 30!

Thursday - My birthday kicked off at 12:01am with a birthday sandwich from Rob, John and Tim. I went to bed and did a little silent scream. I'M 30! I woke up to a plethera of birthday well wishes - phone calls, emails, texts, and Facebooks, etc. That day at work, I got a muffin from Jill, and a card from everyone at work. About 20 people made a joke about old age and it was all in good fun. That night, I went to Smith and Wollensky's with Peter, Bry, Marco, Jeremy, Adam and John. Restaurant week, so I wouldn't put too much of a financial strain on them. I got caesar salad, filet mignon with gorgonzola crust, and chocolate cake! Best birthday meal ever! After dinner. we all went back to 130, had some wine (Peter and Bryan bought me a case for my Bday!), and I chatted with Tim and Jeremy until almost 2am.

Friday - Woke up later because I had the day off from work. Peter and I hit the gym, and then came home to wait for Danny/Dennis/Noah. You know that scene from Christmas Vacation, where everything is very quiet right before the grandparents arrive, and time slows down as the door bell rings? That's what it was like. Because as soon as Danny and Dennis arrived, the weekend started. Danny gave me a great set of dishes for the new apartment, and we went for a walk to get a drink. Nothing was open at 4:45, so we headed back. Dinner that night was at Chef Chang's. We headed back to Marco's for some pregaming, and then partied the night away at Machine. I kissed a gypsy!

Saturday - I woke Danny up at 8:45 to see if he wanted to go to spin class. I got a look of death, and he rolled over. Dennis, John and I went to starbucks, and then Dennis and I got our eyebrows done. We had lunch at Pop's, and then John, Tim and I went to Stop and Shop to buy food and stuff for the party.

The Party....OMG. It was everything that I wanted and didn't want wrapped into one. I wanted one last big horrah before I left, and that was exactly what I got. Huge. No one could move, and there was a line of people waiting in the hall to get in. Someone threw up, it was about 400 degress in the house, etc, etc. I actually stayed sober the whole night (I know!) and got to see what it was like to actually proctor on of those parties. Did I have a good time? Yes! Would I do it again? Probably not. But I had fun, and got to see everyone, so it's all good.

Sunday - We rallied for lunch at 1 at TGIFridays. Then Adam and I went and set up a gift registry at Crate and Barrell for our apartment. Not that we expect people to buy us anything, but just so that we're both on the same page if we go to buy extra stuff this spring/summer, etc. That evening Peter and I went over to Stuart's to help celebrate his 30th birthday.

So all and all, it was a fantastic weekend, and I am truly blessed to be able to celebrate my life with my friends and loved ones :)

No comments: