Friday, June 27, 2008

Brownies es mortuus

I had a great time at Tony Ray’s BBQ.

The BBQ was at his boyfriend Chris’ apartment, which is a wonder little studio over on Clarendon St. You walk right into the kitchen from the street which opens into the living/bed area, and then out to a huge deck and garden.

Jeremy and I went (I even baked brownies) and also there were Matt Woodward, Matt Shuman, Paul, Jason and Stuart. We drank wine, Tony Ray made some amazing green apple martinis, and we just sort of all hung out and relaxed. Oh, and Tony gave me these great plastic ice cubes that change colors, and I want them….really bad.

So as the night slowed down, I gathered up my remaining brownies (stole a cookie) and we all headed out. Someone (Jeremy?) had the great idea to all go back to my house and hang out. So we headed over (the group above). Have you met drunk Bob? He tends to talk to strangers. He basically offered Chris’ neighbors some brownies (Jeremy: “What’s wrong with you?”), and as I was defending my actions to Jeremy, Matt W decided it would be a wonderful idea to kick the container of brownies I was holding as we walked down Warren St. The container, lid, brownies, and sole cookie literally arched themselves into the air, all over the street, and then was run over by a car.

Brownies es mortuus. To make it up to me, Matt bought a rickshaw ride for us from West Newton St to Mass Ave. I think he paid $20….oh well, I really liked those brownies.

We got home, and I realized I had 5 people over, and no margarita mix. I did, however, have frozen orange juice concentrate. I think, had I mixed it correctly, I could have made a really fun orange tequila drink. But since I just put a whole can of orange concentrate, with tequila and triple sec (orance liquor), I basically made tequila sorbet. Jason couldn’t even drink it.

A good night, saw friend I hadn’t seen in a while, and was able to say a goodbye to Stuart, whom I’m going to miss dearly.


On Sunday, I saw Get Smart with Jeremy.

No comments: