Monday, July 7, 2008

Gauisus Indepence Dies America.

Thursday, I got up and went to the gym with Peter. Peter and I took a long walk around the city afterwards, and then met up with everyone for dinner at Fajitas and Ritas after work. We had a few drinks at my house afterwards. A bunch of people went to Estate, but I passed.

Friday, the 4th of July!

I got up and went over to Peter’s and helped him (aka watched him) set up for lunch. The number dropped from six to four, but we had hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, sauerkraut, potato salad and beans. Also, Pimms and lemonade, which is a fun summer drinks. Pimms is a British alcohol that is made from Gin. It tastes like iced tea/lemonade (half and half) when Pimms is mixed with lemonade.

So, we went to the fireworks on the Mass Ave bridge. We sat behind these loud obnoxious straight guys. I guess it’s par for the course when you sit on Mass Ave. The fireworks were great. Jeffrey and his friends came too…we watched and then walked home. I’ve never been in an angry mob before, but I can see the thrill of it. A couple thousand people deciding to walk down Mass ave with traffic coming, and the cars not really being able to do anything. I wouldn’t throw a shopping cart through a store front or anything, but it was fun to be in control of the road with everyone, if only for a little bit.


Saturday was SIX FLAGS. I had a blast. I went with Marco, Jeremy, Tim Daly, Mike Wake, James, Tony Ray, Bryan and Chris.

We arrived at the park and RAN to Superman. It was awesome because there was no lines at all. No wait. We walked right up. In fact, we rode Superman 3 times that afternoon. I think some people actually rode it more. Now, I’ve never had a problem with rollercoasters. Flip me upside down, backwards, anyway you want, and I won’t get queasy. So I went on every ride. The only disturbing part of the day was spending $14 on a chicken wrap for lunch. That, and riding a raft right under a waterfall, and felling the whole thing go down your back, as 8 of your closest friends look on and laugh at you.

It started to pour half way through the day, so we bought some poncho’s (super sexy) and rode the rides in the rain. Hey, it just meant the lines were even shorter. We stayed until about 5:30, and then headed home. Some of us went to dinner at Chef Chang’s, and then went to see Wanted with Angelina Jolie. I really liked the movie, others were indifferent. It was fun and corny, as most assassin movies are, but I like the special effects.

Sunday, I was up early again and off to visit Mom and Dad for their anniversary next week (23 years!)

Good long weekend!

1 comment:

Peter said...

Remember when you used to update this blog?